The cost of your orthodontic treatment will vary depending on your individual needs and treatment plan. Our staff will discuss with you the cost of your treatment, and each of your available payment plan options, so that you are able to make the best choice for you, and your smile. We accept assignment (payments) from most insurance plans, and file the necessary papers to your insurance company. We will work with you to create a payment plan that fits your budget, and you will know what to expect before beginning treatment.
Affordable Payment Plans
Your smile is yours forever, and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to receive the best orthodontic care whenever you need it.
** Our practice accepts most major credit cards and insurance plans. **
Financial Options include:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for payment of your portion of the fee that will not be covered by insurance.)
- Custom financial arrangements can be tailored with a comfortable down payment and interest free monthly payments for the number of estimated months of treatment.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by AUTOMATIC DEBIT, VISA, and MASTERCARD from your credit card or checking account.
- Patient Financing through Lending Club Patient Financing offering Extended payments plans with a Low Fixed interest rate. Click Springstone links for more details or to apply.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties (let us know when problems arise so we can help).
Our office staff is always available to help you with insurance claims and paperwork, if you have insurance that will be covering any portion of your orthodontic treatment
We will determine the insurance coverage you have available and we ask that you assign your insurance benefit to us so we can directly receive the payments. This allows us to deduct the insurance portion from your portion of the account balance. Professional care is provided to you, our patient, and not to an insurance company. Thus, the insurance company is responsible to the patient and the patient is responsible to the doctor. If your insurance status changes or for any reason the insurance company does not pay their portion in full as expected, the patient is ultimately responsible to pay off the insurance balance before the braces are removed. We will help in every way we can in filing your claim and handling insurance questions on your behalf.
Please let us know if you have any questions about your insurance coverage or ideas for how we can make your entire orthodontic experience a pleasant one.
Convenient Online Services
With the click of a mouse, our secure online service allows you to:
If you do not have a patient login and would like to begin viewing your account information online, please click here to sign up for your own personal account.
- View your appointment and account information anytime
- Sign up for email or text appointment reminders
- Check your payment history and see current charges
- Print out flex spending reimbursement and tax receipts